We cannot emphasise how important it is to make a will. It ensures your estate is distributed as you wish and the people you most care about are your beneficiaries.
Help can be given as to how to structure your will in the following ways:
- Guidance on the appointment of executors
- Taking account of the needs of your spouse/partner, children and grandchildren
- Guidance on issues such as Inheritance Tax
- The creation of a trust to protect young and vulnerable members of your family
- Gifts to friends or charities
In preparing your will, we will take your full instructions and it will be tailor-made to meet your requirements.
The death of someone close to us is always a stressful and emotional time. Let us help you deal with the legal requirements following the loss of a loved one.
We can :-
- Calculate the tax, if any, payable upon death and help you make arrangements so this can be met.
- Apply for a Grant of Probate if the deceased left a Will or alternatively Letters of Administration if no Will was made.
- Deal with and settle the debts of the deceased.
- Recover and preserve the assets of the deceased.
- Administer their estate as provided for within the Will or under the rules of intestacy.
- If necessary help trace beneficiaries.
We endeavour to ensure that this difficult time is handled with understanding and care but also in an efficient and straightforward manner.
This work is dealt with by Tim Dysterre-Clark and Kim Kirk who are both qualified solicitors specialising in Wills & Probate.