Coronavirus update #2 click here to read more.

Our services as a commercial landlord solicitor: an overview

As commercial landlord solicitors based in Derby, we advise and assist commercial landlords and tenants regarding their leases or tenancy agreements relating to commercial property. Our litigation and commercial property team will work closely together to ensure that our clients receive the best possible advice in any matter.

Our services include:-

  • The drafting and service of relevant notices including section 8 and section 21 Housing Act 1988 notices for residential tenancies and section 25 and section 26 Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 notices for business tenancies.
  • The renewal of business tenancies including the issuing of proceedings where necessary.
  • The handling of disputes between landlords and tenants including rent arrears, rent reviews, repairs, breaches of covenants, and dilapidations claims.
  • The issue or defence of repossession proceedings including the drafting of pleadings, preparation of the case to representation at court.
  • The issue or defence of forfeiture proceedings including representation at court

If a dispute arises between a commercial landlord and tenant, we're the solicitor for you

We take a proactive approach to commercial landlord and tenant disputes and understand the need to deal with matters efficiently and effectively.

We will assess the merits of your case and provide clear advice regarding the prospects of success and remedies available to you. Naturally, we can assist with negotiation and alternative dispute resolution and will actively promote a cost effective dispute resolution without recourse to protracted litigation where possible.

In the event that the involvement of the Court is necessary, we have the litigation expertise to advise and assist fully.

Contact us for advice

Our commercial landlord solicitor Bill Martin deals with all matters on behalf of both commercial landlords and tenants. 

You can contact Bill either via the "Contact us" page, or by emailing